Rising Stars Youth Leadership is a leadership-based, academic enriched program. It emphasizes the development of hands-on leadership training, career development, life skills building and problem solving skills. Rising Stars helps students prepare for careers in the fields of politics, community leadership, journalism, technology and engineering and more.
Rising Stars is presented over the course of the summer in which the students can re-apply each year. A certificate of leadership and community service recognition will be awarded to each student upon completion.
Youth participants interact during interactive sessions & learn firsthand about emerging community issues, educated on opportunities to expand their knowledge of career opportunities, plus interact with emerging & established leaders in Tarrant County.
• Attend classes & workshops to enhance their future opportunities at college campuses
• Attend field trips to complement the classes they attend
• Connect with employers, businesses & government officials
• Be empowered with etiquette, public speaking, networking & technology skills
• Be exposed to training & employment opportunities
• Receive certifications in CPR, Lifeguard & Food handling for youth 15-18
• Attend STEM classes